HALL Harvest Retreat 2022
Agenda (Subject to change)
Sunday, September 25th, 2022
Mid-day: Participants Arrive in the Napa Valley
4:00-6:00pm: Welcome Reception |Hall St. Helena
- Tasting – Introduction to our Wine Varieties and Growing Regions
Hosts Craig and Kathryn Hall and Mike Reynolds will welcome you to the Harvest Immersion and lead a tasting of the core grape varieties and growing regions from which that we produce at HALL, WALT, BACA wines from.
6 pm: Dinner
- Harvest Dinner at Hall St. Helena Winery including a special Library Selections and Large format bottlings.
Monday, September 26th, 2022
6:00 am: Coffee and Muffins at Hall St. Helena.
6:30 am: Buses depart for Vineyard.
7:00 am: HARVEST!
- We will harvest grapes from the 2022 vintage. Your experience will be led by Don Munk, Director of Vineyards, HALL.
- Attire: Work Clothes. Harvesting grapes is physical, dirty and dusty work, so dress appropriately. Napa Valley is known for its cool mornings so please layer clothing and wear tennis shoes or boots.
9 am: Depart to HALL St. Helena
9:30 am: Sort grapes and participate in fermentation, pump overs, and tasting of fermenting 2022 wines.
Noon: Harvest Lunch | HALL St. Helena
1 – 3 pm: Hall Wines Verticals |HALL St. Helena
Vertical Tasting of Diamond Mountain, Mount Veeder, and Sacrashe wines. Experience once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to taste a curated, library flight of our most coveted mountain vineyards led by our winemaking team.
6:00pm: Festive Barbeque and music |HALL St. Helena
Tuesday, September 27th, 2022
7:00 am: Coffee and Breakfast.
7:30 am: Buses leave for Zinfandel Vineyard
8:00 am: Vineyard tour, tasting, and discussion of Zinfandel History and diversity
9:00 am: Board Bus for HALL Winery
9:30 am: Blending Exercise
- Participants will be broken into teams and each team will blend Cabernet Sauvignon from some of the best sub-appellations of the Napa Valley. Led by winemaking team. The winning blend will be bottled and distributed to all participants.
1pm: Pinot Noir Immersion Tasting
- Guests will explore the differences between terroir, clone, and production techniques as we taste some of the best vineyards from the Santa Rita Hills, Santa Lucia Highlands, and Sonoma Coast.
3pm: Free Time
6 pm: Finale dinner at Hall St. Helena and Awards Ceremony